Senior Director, Mass Spectrometry Sales- North America
Date Posted: 06/Nov/17
Job Title: Senior Director, Mass Spectrometry Sales- North America
Description: Agilent inspires and supports discoveries that advance the quality of life. We provide life science, diagnostic and applied market laboratories worldwide with instruments, services, consumables, applications and expertise. Agilent enables customers to gain the answers and insights they seek –– so they can do what they do best: improve the world around us. Information about Agilent is available at www.agilent.com.
We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of running a multi-million dollar Mass Spectrometry and Workflow Solutions sales teams across the United States and Canada; this will include developing sales and channel strategies, maximizing customer satisfaction and customer loyalty, and creating programs in order to achieve quota as well as order and market share growth within the operating budget and headcount targets.
Main responsibilities include:
• Grow the market sector for Mass Spectrometry in the Americas region above market growth, ensuring that Agilent remains the leader in each of its business segments and achieves a leadership position in those areas where not the recognized leader.
• Ensure that Agilent continues to develop sales and marketing industry leadership in Mass Spectrometry and Workflow Solutions and that Agilent remains recognized as both the market and marketing leader in these business segments. Continue to develop a culture of innovation and excellence within the Agilent organization.
• Managing Mass Spectrometry and Workflow Solutions (MSD) managers and employees throughout North America, setting clear objectives and defining strategic goals for the team; focus will be applied to optimizing the channel and coverage model.
• Ensure the team is performing to quota and growth expectations by implementing processes and clear metrics to aggressively track and review the Mass Spec team's performance
• Develop, with the Human Resources function and Senior Sales management team, an organization that is designed and staffed to meet the goals of the Mass Spectrometry business unit, while simultaneously seen as the "employer of choice" throughout the industry and by Agilent's own employees. Carry out a thorough team review to assess and strengthen the talent bench.
• Effectively coordinate initiatives across geographies, markets and sales teams in order to leverage internal synergies and best practices, in close alignment with Agilent’s overall MSD strategy
• Further develop and integrate multiple sales channels to drive a variable cost model
• Lead the introduction and sales ramp for new products, driving the "re-skilling" of the sales force, where needed; driving disciplined collaboration with partners including field marketing, the customer service organization, and solution unit. Manage and utilize Agilent global expertise to further improve business performance where those skills are not present within the core business.
• Ensure compliance of regulations/policies in the organization, as per Corporate's policies and requirements
In this role you'll be asked to establish a leadership position in the AFO Mass Spectrometry markets, by driving and achieving growth, gaining market share, and increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty to the Agilent brand.
You will be supervising and developing members of the Mass Spectrometry and Workflow Solutions sales teams and working closely with the rest of the Americas team to ensure the entire organization is aligned with the MSD plans and strategies. You will be tasked with continuously improving the cost base structure through operational excellence to ensure profitable growth
Geographical Location: the position is based in North America
Qualifications: • Bachelors or Master Degree or University Degree or equivalent in chemistry, biology, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA, PhD or equivalent experience desired.
• 7+ year experience in direct management/leadership of a sales or service organization; international or global Sales/Marketing organization desired with a proven track record of exceeding sales targets and goals. Senior Management leadership within a marketing-led company experience is desired.
• 7+ years career experience in an instrumentation systems (including consumables) business, or a chemical/consumables business.
• Proven ability to translate overall strategies into actionable operational plans and assuring implementation as well as coordination of sales strategies for key customer accounts.
• A proven track record of profitable sales and market growth to be demonstrated over a sustained period of time.
• Proven track record of managing multi-functional responsibilities within a global company and demonstrated ability to lead successful change management initiatives.
• Domestic and international/cross cultural exposure and experience, from a business and personal perspective. Experience in building and leading a multi-functional team.
• Demonstrated leadership skills in leading a growing an organization by setting and meeting goals and motivating cross-functional international teams; including teams composed of sales agents, distributors or manufacturer’s representatives.
• Proven ability to manage complex and multiple projects simultaneously. Knowledge of Agilent Business System or similar rigor required.
• Track record of results in developing/enhancing customer access and relationship between sales and service organizations.
• Demonstrated organizational development and collaboration skills are required.
• Proven ability to develop channel strategies with record of results in sourcing, developing and managing channels.
• A strong, strategic thinker, who is process-oriented, obsessed with continuous improvement, manages by fact and has excellent conceptual skills demonstrated through disciplined, succinct communication.
• Excellent organization and planning skills; as well as excellent communication and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated leadership in a cross functional environment with the ability to lead, influence and shape opinion among a peer group of senior managers.
• Outstanding communication skills with an ability to clearly and crisply communicate such complex issues as Agilent's strategies, product plans, and its channel and brand management programs.
• Passion for talent development with the ability to select and grow high potential managers who will contribute to the growth of Agilent organization in the region.
• Strong drive for growth and success, highly driven with good maturity level
Agilent Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We value diversity at all levels. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, religion or religious creed, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, local law, ordinance, or regulation and will not be discriminated against on these bases.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the ‘EEO is the Law’ poster available here:
Agilent Technologies, Inc., is committed to diversity in the workplace and strives to support candidates with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance with any part of the application or interview process or have questions about workplace accessibility, please contact +1-262-754-5030 (US and Canada only) or email email@example.com. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Business: Life Sciences and Applied Markets Group
Job Category: Sales
Job Sub-Category: Sales Management
Country or Area: Canada
Shift: Day Job
Job Type: Experienced
Travel Required: Yes, 50% of the Time
(Temp Positions Only): Not applicable
HR Country Location: United States
HR Town/City Location : Wilmington